Sunday, November 28, 2021

Save the date...

 

Dear Miss Potter,

Because of you, we can support people like Tom.

With the increase in the cost of living and being unable to work, Tom needed to apply for benefits. He had previously had a difficult experience with the process and contacted Action for M.E. for help.

“Applying was so stressful it fluctuated my condition. The whole ordeal was cruel having a profound effect on my sense of self-worth. I was dreading having to repeat the process again”

Because of your generosity as a Supporting Member, our Information and Support team were able to listen, support and empower Tom to complete his application at his own pace.

“I can’t articulate how much I appreciated just talking to someone who didn’t imply that it was my own fault, or that I was making it up. The constant grind of having to explain that I cannot accept short notice appointments due to my condition makes me feel unseen. Talking to someone who just treated me like a human being and not someone who was lazy or made of glass was such a positive experience for me as it so rarely happens.”

There is already a huge gap in services for people with M.E. Action for M.E. support services are oversubscribed. With the likely increase in post viral illness including M.E. as a result of contracting Covid-19, we are deeply concerned that people with M.E. like Tom will not get the support they need. By donating to our Big Give Christmas Challenge between 30 November – 7 December, your one donation will have twice the impact to help us support people with M.E. while leading ground-breaking research.

With heartfelt thanks,

Sonya Chowdhury
Chief Executive

 

PS. Please save the date, and tell your family and friends so they can see their donation doubled, too!

If you have any questions about our campaign or would like to opt out of contact about our Big Give campai

No comments: